Busha village of Vinnitsa region is situated at the mouth of Bushanka river falling into the left arm of Dniestr - the Murafa river. First settlements in this area date back to late paleolith; at the turn of the last millenia there was Krasnopol - a Kievan Rus town, and now it's a small village with population of 1000 people. State Historic-Cultural Reserve "Busha" is currently working on the territory of the village. Besides the Cossack cemetery, stone shapes and the Haidamak Ravine, there are remains of a castle-fort built in XVI century by Polish crowned hetman Ya. Zamoyskiy. In 1648, during the liberation war of Ukrainian people against Polish violence and Catholicism lead by Ukrainian Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Busha became a part of Bratslavsky Cossack regiment. In 1654, during a defence battle between Cossacks and Polish troops, the fort was blown up by the Cossacks, burying the striking and the rest of defending forces under the ruins. The story of Busha defence was described by N. Staritsky in "Busha Defence".