The Odessa Orthodox Cathedral is dedicated to the Saviour’s Transfiguration. It was founded in 1974 and considered to be one of the biggest cathedrals of New Russian at that time. The structure of the cathedral was demolished in 1936 by the Soviets. It was rebuilt again with the formation of the independent state of Ukraine and consecrated in 2010. The cathedral is located in the center of the Soborna square of Odessa and is considered as one of the holy places of the city.