The very first Catholic church in Nikolaev appeared with the beginning of the city foundation, but the present building of St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church was built only in 1891-1895. It was made of the red brick in eclectic style upon the project of Odessa architect V. Dombrovsky. According to the project, it was supposed to be 45x28 m and two 49 m towers; a German organ was installed in the church. The church was closed in Soviet times and began to revive in 1991. In 2005 German Catholics presented the church an organ - not new, but in quite good condition, manufactured in 1950, with 28 registers, two manuals and a pedaller. Today St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church is active and continues to revive. Organ concerts are held on Catholic holidays with participation of popular Ukrainian and European organists.