The Grand Livadia Palace is the former summer residence of the last Russian tsar Nicholas II. It is an outstanding monument of architectural art and one of the most appealing places of interest in Yalta. In 1911 a new palace was built to replace the old one which had fallen into decay. The palace was built according to plans created by the talented Yalta’s architect Nikolay Krasnov. The Grand Livadia Palace complex also includes a suite building, the Court’s Minister Palace (the palace of the minister of the court), a Chapel, and a Florentine courtyard. The White Hall of the Palace is of a great interest as in 1945 the Yalta Conference between the heads of governments of the USSR, the USA, and Great Britain was held here. A gorgeous ancient park, which was constructed in the 1930s, surrounds the Palace.