Chernovtsy region is a part of North Bukovina and is situated in the south-west of Ukraine. It borders on Romania. The region has been populated since the Stone (Lithic) age. Since the 9th century the territory was a part of Kievan Rus, Galicia-Volyn principality, since the 14th century Hungarian kingdom, Turkey, Austria-Hungary, since 1918 it was ruled by Romania, since 1940 it was included into the Ukrainian SSR within the USSR, and finally it has been a part of Ukraine since 1991. There are many advanced industries in the region. Chemical industry, metalworking industry, mechanical engineering, and instrument making industry are as well developed as the traditional light industry, food industry and woodworking industry. Agriculture is also well developed in the region with the focus on production of grain crops, potato, and sugar beet. The Dnister, the Prut, the Sirets, the Cheremosh are the main resources of the region’s river system. Up to 30% of the territory is covered by forests. Mineral springs are used in medicine, and health-improving tourism is well developed here. There are more than 250 reserved territories and objects in the region, at around 140 nature reserves, more than 70 parks and protected tracts of the local importance. The most known ares the fortress in the city of Khotin, Chernovtsy University building and its botanic garden, “Kamennaya Bogachka” cliff, the residency of Bukovina metropolitans, numerous places of worship. Educational tourism, ecotourism and sightseeing are well developed in the region. Rural tourism and green tourism are advanced everywhere. There are a few ski resorts situated on the slopes of the Bukovina Carpathians. Mountain tourism and hiking are also developed. Proximity to Europe and well developed tourist infrastructure attract many European tourists. International tourism is well developed in the region.